Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Minecraft Birthday




Spence is nine years old and one of the things he loves most these days is his "Minecraft." 


I have to admit I have glanced over his shoulder but never knew much about this fabulous game until I planned a party about it.  Best thing a mom can do is dive into her son's interest for sure!  So, now I know all about the creepers, the coal, the TnT, Steve, Skeletons, diamonds, emeralds and it goes on...


We filled two of these baskets full of balloons for the waterballoon fights and obstacle courses...


nobody ended dry! Not even the DAD!



Spence has some awesome friends.  We're learning quickly that with summer birthdays you have to plan on a bunch of buddies being gone on vacation.  But there is also the perks of being home and relaxing all day without school ;)

I love this boy!  He teaches me about empathy, science, love for nature, just to be, calm voices are best, faith, courage to be true, how to volunteer, serving, the power of prayer, to dream, how to plan your money just right, setting goals and much more.  We need him and always will!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...