Saturday, July 6, 2013

Work to Fun


I woke up this morning sick and on top of that had a huge mountain of laundry staring at me.  I had to plow through it because we are taking our oldest daughter to a "Special Needs" camp tomorrow and we're off to vacation with just the four of us.  I have to admit I was being pretty negative about the work that was ahead of me.

Well, I decided to have the kids help--many hands are better than just mine! My attitude began to change real fast, it actually became quite fun.  The best part today (pictured above) was sitting on the washer while it was in "spin" mode.  They figured out real fast that the best load is when it's full of towel and blankets...there's "way more vibration."

Who knew?  I got through the laundry so fast and the kids did most of it.  They were so curious how that washer worked!  They've folded and put away laundry thousands of times but never really had done it start to finish.  I kept thinking of a quote I found recently in one of our church manuals (can't remember which one):

"The best way to overcome boredom and disappointment is purposeful work that produces a positive result."

Umm, love summer but there are moments of my kids stuck in boredom and I'm not really sure why but they feel so disappointed some days that they're not on some grand adventure.  Crazy how work really does make you feel purpose and can turn a bad attitude to positive so quick!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...