Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Parenting Moment Today


Spencer had three teeth extracted today.  Let's just say I had to close my eyes a few times while I was sitting there by him.  While my eyes were closed at one point I had some thoughts:

There are many of my own parenting moments that remind me of our parent/child relationship with our Heavenly Father.  Today reminds me of all the hard times we go through on this earth.

Often we wonder why God would make us go through something.  I have learned and know that he doesn't "make" us grow through hard things but he "lets" us because that is what our mortal experience is about.  From experience, I know He blesses us and comforts us while we are going through things to help us.

So back to my dentist experience with Spence.  I had to "let" him go through this today but I was right there talking about what he needed me to talk about to keep his mind busy, hugging him when the dentist left the room after his 9th shot!  Giving Tylenol here at home when he needs it.  Releasing him from his job duty and on and on.

No doubt our Heavenly Father loves us experiencing these parent/child relationships!  Each of these moments just adds upon our learning...the very reason we are here on this earth!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...